European Commercial Real Estate Limited (ECREL) is a portfolio of industrial and mixed commercial assets spread across the Nordic region, Germany and the Netherlands.
In April 2010, the business secured the mandate to provide investment management services to ECREL and, in 2011, co-invested to acquire 49% of the equity in ECREL alongside the original investors who hold the other 51%. The investment strategy is to provide a competitive advantage in tenant management and build sustainable value in the portfolio, including undertaking disposals, at maximum value and in line with debt reduction strategies.
The 24,000 sq m Löwenkontor Building at Spittelmarkt, Berlin, that was formerly held in ECREL, was traded in 2013 following a transformational refurbishment from a vacant single-let asset, to a modern, multi-let office complex, fully let with secure long-term income. Click here to read the ECREL case study.